More information at otinova.com
Otinova® ear spray is a well-proven and scientifically / clinically documented over-the-counter self-care product that treats ear canal inflammation (otitis externa). Otinova® has a local dehydrating, antipruritic, bactericidal and antifungal effect.
- Otinova® is the only non-prescription/over-the-counter product on the market that treats ear canal inflammation (otitis externa).
- The effect of Otinova® is scientifically and clinically documented.1-4
- Otinova® does not contain antibiotics or steroids.
- The spray bottle makes it easy to administer Otinova®.
- Otinova® is registered as a medical device at the Medical Products Agency for the treatment of external otitis.
Who can use Otinova®?
Otinova® can be used by adults and children. Children under the age of 5 are treated after a doctor has performed a tympanic membrane examination.
Otinova® can advantageously be used early by those who have a tendency to suffer from ear canal inflammation, e.g. in connection with periods of frequent contact with water and / or humid environment, e.g. bathing holiday.6-7
Otinova® contains aluminum acetate, aluminum acetotartrate, acetic acid, water, pH 3-4 (Burow’s solution5). Each bottle contains 15 ml of solution, which is enough for 150 sprays.
- Jinnouchi et al, Auris Nasus Larynx 2012, 39, 374-7
- Kashiwamura et al, Otol Neurotol 2004, 25, 9-13
- Clayton et al, Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 1990, 15, 7-10
- Lambert, J Royal Coll General Pract 1981, 31, 291-294
- Brittish Pharmacopoeia, monograph “Aluminium Acetate Ear drops”, page 2497-8.
- Örnhagen et al, AllmänMedicin 2013, 2, 40-1
- Engström, Svensk ÖNH-tidskrift 2014, 3, 19.