Sorbact® Surgical Dressing
Sorbact® Surgical DressingMicrobe binding adhesive dressing
Significantly reduces the risk of surgical site infection1
Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is a sterile, bacteria- and fungi-binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer combined with an absorbent wound pad and a transparent acrylic adhesive film. Sorbact® Surgical Dressing absorbs and
retains exudate and enables a moist wound environment. The water proof backing film provides protection against external contamination and allows excess fluid to evaporate.
Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is intended for use in the management of clean, contaminated, colonized or infected dry to low exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds and traumatic wounds, e.g. lacerations, cuts and abrasions.
Reference: 1. Stanirowski PJ, Bizon M, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating Dialkylcarbamoyl Chloride (DACC) Impregnated Dressings for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infections in Adult Women Undergoing Cesarean Section. Hosp Infect Epid 2016; [in press].
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice. Ensure that the surrounding skin is clean and dry.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- Remove the protective film from the wound contact side of the dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the green wound contact layer comes into direct contact with the entire wound surface.
- Press the borders to the surrounding skin.
- Remove the stabilizing film on top.
Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Clinicians should ensure that the product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98140||5x7.2 cm, 2x2.8 in||100|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98141||8x10 cm, 3x4 in||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98142||8x15 cm, 3x6 in||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98143||10x20 cm, 4x8 in||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98144||10x25 cm, 4x10 in||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98145||10x30 cm, 4x12 in||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98146||10x35 cm, 4x14 in||20|