Sorbact® Ribbon Gauze
Sorbact® Ribbon GauzeMicrobe binding ribbon gauze
Reduces bioburden in cavities and fistulas
Sorbact® Ribbon Gauze is a sterile, bacteria- and fungi-binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound-contact layer, which allows the passage of wound exudate into a secondary dressing. The dressing can be used in compression therapy.
Sorbact® Ribbon Gauze is intended for use in the management of clean, contaminated, colonized or infected exuding wounds, such as cavity wounds and fistulas. Sorbact® Ribbon Gauze is also intended for use in fungal infections in skin folds.
Instructions for use
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. The dressing can overlap the wound margins if needed.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If the dressing needs to be cut, do so by cutting across using an aseptic technique. Any opened, unused dressing should be discarded.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the entire wound surface.
- Line/fill the cavity or fistula. Avoid packing tightly.Always leave part of the dressing sticking out so that it can be easily removed. If the dressing needs to be cut, it is recommended that the cut end is left outside the cavity and fistula to avoid residual threads in the wound.
- Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
- The frequency of dressing changes depends on exudate levels and the overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Instructions for use – fungi
- Prepare the affected area according to local clinical practice.
- Do not use antifungal creams or ointments in combination with the dressing.
- Select an appropriate dressing size to be able to cover the affected area.
- Apply the dressing, cut if necessary. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the affected area.
- If fixation is required a bra or underpants can be used. The use of a skin-friendly adhesive is recommended if additional fixation is needed. The adhesive should be applied outside the affected area.
- Change the dressing once a day in conjunction with inspection and daily skincare.
- Continue to use the dressing for 2–3 days after the symptoms have resolved to avoid recurrence.
Clinicians should ensure that the product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact Ribbon Gauze||98118||1x50 cm, 0.4x19.5 in||20|
|Sorbact Ribbon Gauze||98121||2x50 cm, 0.8x19.5 in||20|
|Sorbact Ribbon Gauze||98120||5x200 cm, 2x78 in||10|
|Sorbact Ribbon Gauze||98119||10x200 cm, 4x78 in||10|