Sorbact® Gel Dressing
Sorbact® Gel DressingMicrobe binding moist wound-contact layer
Reduces bioburden in dry to low exuding wounds
Sorbact® Gel Dressing is a sterile, bacteria- and fungi-binding dressing covered with gel. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound-contact layer with a water-based gel containing carbomer and propylene glycol (10%). Sorbact® Gel Dressing donates moisture, enables a moist wound environment, and facilitates autolytic debridement.
Sorbact® Gel Dressing is intended for use in the management of clean, contaminated, colonized or infected wounds with dry to low exudate levels, such as traumatic wounds, burns, cavity wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and foot and leg ulcers.
Instructions for use
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If cutting the dressing, use an aseptic technique. Discard any open and unused dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the entire wound surface. The dressing should not overlap the surrounding skin.
- In cavity wounds and fistulas, always leave part of the dressing sticking out so that it can be easily removed.
- Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
- The frequency of dressing changes depends on exudate levels and overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Clinicians should ensure that the product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact® Gel Dressing||98136||7.5x7.5 cm, 3x3 in||10|
|Sorbact® Gel Dressing||98137||7.5x15 cm, 3x6 in||10|
|Sorbact® Gel dressing||98139||3x15 cm, 1.2x6 in||10|
|Sorbact® Gel dressing||98180||15 x 20 cm, 6 x 8 in||5|
|Sorbact® Gel dressing||98181||20 x 25 cm, 8 x 10 in||5|