Sorbact® Foam Dressing
Sorbact® Foam DressingMicrobe binding foam dressing
Reduces bioburden in moderately exuding wounds
Sorbact® Foam Dressing is a sterile, bacteria- and fungi-binding foam dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer combined with a polyurethane foam with a semi-permeable backing film. Sorbact® Foam Dressing absorbs and retains exudate, thereby reducing the risk of maceration and enabling a moist wound environment. The semi-permeable backing film allows excess fluid to evaporate.
Sorbact® Foam Dressing is intended for use in the management of clean, contaminated, colonized or infected wounds with low to moderate exudate levels, such as surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and foot and leg ulcers.
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. The wound pad should overlap the wound margins by at least 2 cm.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If the dressing needs to be cut, use an aseptic technique. Any opened, unused dressing should be discarded.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the green side of the dressing comes into direct contact with the entire wound surface.
- Apply an appropriate dressing fixation.
- The dressing change frequency depends on exudate levels and the overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Clinicians should ensure that the product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact Foam Dressing||98310||10x10 cm, 4x4 in||10|
|Sorbact Foam Dressing||98315||15x15 cm, 6x6 in||10|
|Sorbact Foam Dressing||98320||10x20 cm, 4x8 in||10|