Sorbact® CompressMicrobe binding wound contact layer
Reduces bioburden in superficial and cavity wounds
Sorbact® Compress is a sterile, bacteria- and fungi-binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer, which allows the passage of wound exudate into a secondary dressing. The dressing is folded into eight layers. The dressing can be used in compression therapy.
Sorbact® Compress is intended for use in the management of clean, colonized, contaminated or infected exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, cavity wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and foot and leg ulcers.
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound. The dressing can be unfolded into suitable size and can overlap the wound margins if necessary.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- If the dressing needs to be cut, use an aseptic technique. Any opened, unused dressing should be discarded.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the dressing comes into direct contact with the entire wound surface. In the case of cavity wounds and fistulas, unfold and fluff up one or more dressings and line/fill the cavity or fistula. Do not pack tightly.
- Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
- The dressing change frequency depends on exudate levels and the overall condition of the wound and surrounding skin. Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
Clinicians should ensure that the product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact Compress||98128||4x6 cm, 1.6x2.4 in||40|
|Sorbact Compress||98125||7x9 cm, 2.8x3.5 in||40|