Sorbact® Surgical Dressing
Sorbact® Surgical DressingInfection preventive adhesive dressing
Significantly reduces the risk of surgical site infection1
Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is a sterile, bacteria and fungi binding wound dressing. It consists of a green Sorbact® wound contact layer combined with an absorbent wound pad and a transparent acrylic adhesive film. Sorbact® Surgical Dressing absorbs and retains exudate and enables a moist wound environment. The water proof backing film provides protection against external contamination and allows excess fluid to evaporate.
Sorbact® Surgical Dressing is intended for use in management of clean, colonized, contaminated or infected dry to low exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds and traumatic wounds, e.g. lacerations, cuts and abrasions.
Reference: 1. Stanirowski PJ, Bizon M, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating Dialkylcarbamoyl Chloride (DACC) Impregnated Dressings for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infections in Adult Women Undergoing Cesarean Section. Hosp Infect Epid 2016; [in press].
- Prepare the wound according to local clinical practice. Ensure that the surrounding skin is clean and dry.
- Select an appropriate dressing size for the wound.
- Remove the dressing from the pouch using an aseptic technique.
- Remove the protective film from the wound contact side of the dressing.
- Apply the dressing. Ensure that the green wound contact layer comes into direct contact with the complete wound surface.
- Press the borders to the surrounding skin.
- Remove the stabilizing film on top.
Should the clinical condition allow, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days.
|Product||Ref. No.||Size||pcs / pack|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98140||5 x 7.2||100|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98141||8 x 10||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98142||8 x 15||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98143||10 x 20||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98144||10 x 25||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98145||10 x 30||20|
|Sorbact Surgical Dressing||98146||10 x 35||20|